Copy of Snippet "Airtable record lister"

The Google sheets solution should be pretty similar to this Airtable solution, in the sense that it will also involve making an API call to the Sheets API. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, let me know if you try it out and get stuck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry but I am stuck at this stage itself. :grin:

I can understand basics of API but I don't think I can set up api calls for any programs, even if I try it many times. I request you whenever you get some time to have a look at it, and let me know if you find solution.

Thanks

Im sorry, I may have messed up this snippet if its interactive, and if I did I apologize, I didnt realize it was editing on here instead of in my dashboard

Hi @RainbowBrite, welcome to the forum.

No, you didn't mess up anything. You can edit the dynamic snippet, but the changes won't be permanent. The whole point of the dynamic snippet is for people to be able to play around with the commands, experiment, and see the results :slight_smile:

So, nothing to worry about!

Remember, if you have any questions, definitely ask. Everyone is really helpful here and no question ever goes unanswered.

Awesome, thank you!! I'm pretty lost on here lol, I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about filling out various forms on websites with information stored in airtable...like for selling things on poshmark and other sites, I have all my inventory in airtable, but every item I'm basically entering twice(or more) between my inventory and the sites things are posted on...I feel like these snippets are real close to what I need but I havent been able to get any of them to work, probably cause I messed up the dynamic snippet on my end and it appeared to stay that way haha. Basically how would I maybe be able to load record ids into a list, and then be able to choose a record and extract the values in the fields to list on a site?

Edit: Ok I got as far as loading the record id's and being able to choose them from a list, but nothing after I choose the record haha, how do I now get values out of the fields of the records? thanks!

Hi @RainbowBrite,

What you're trying to accomplish is pretty complex, so definitely don't feel bad about hitting a few obstacles.

How about we jump on a call? It would help me understand better where you're getting stuck, the end result you're aiming for, and hopefully help you get there.

Please email me on cedric@blaze.today and include the link to this thread.

Hey Pratik, yeah, it'll probably take me some time to fiddle around with Google Sheets. It'll probably take me some time before I can go through them. The relevant resources are here and here. I'll let you know when I go through them. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks

Hi Gaurang, do you have any update on getting records from Google Sheet?

Also, I have this API. Can you please help if we can utilize this API and get information about companies in TextBlaze?

Thank you in advance

Hi Pratik, sorry I haven't been able to look at Google Sheets yet. For APISetu, I had a quick look and a snippet like this should work:

{CIN="1234"}
{urlload: https://apisetu.gov.in/mca/v1/companies/{=CIN}; method=GET; done=(res) -> ["response"=catch(fromJSON(res), "???")]; headers=X-APISETU-CLIENTID="YOUR_CLIENTID",X-APISETU-APIKEY="YOUR_APIKEY"}
{=response}

The key note is the header information here. You would have obtained an apikey and a clientid from API Setu, you can put it in there and then it should work. Sorry I don't have them which is why I cannot test this snippet myself.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Gaurang. I have applied for API keys. As soon as I receive it, I will let you know. However, I am not sure whether they will approve my application. Will update you

Hey Pratik, if you are receiving response in different formats, then it's a thing from Airtable's end and not from our end :slight_smile:
You can handle multiple response formats that by using this rudimentary mechanism:

{case1=catch(response["field_a"], "???")}
{case2=catch(response["field_b"], "???")}

{if: case1 <> "???"}
  logic for response having field_a
{else}
  logic for response having field_b 
{endif}

I have used the if and comparison operators in this snippet.

I may have misunderstood though, let me know if that was not your question. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for response.
I guess I missed to explain the point here.

My query was, I am using same type of codes at two different snippets but both are fetching same information in different format.

As far as I understand, the source column is Lookup Column of Airtable. Not sure why it is fetching the information with another format.

Sorry we cannot help you in this regard. I would suggest double checking the query format or the airtable base itself. Best case, airtable docs (link) should be most helpful.

1 Like

Thank you

Sorry, I just noticed, we already have a page on handling Google Sheets made by Scott.

I hope that's helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Gaurang.

I already had a look at this snippet earlier. It seems that, the snippet is working to send data to Google Sheets. I am looking for a snippet to get the data from Google Sheet (like you did in case of airtable).

I guess, I need another snippet to do this or am I missing something here?

Thanks

Ah, my bad. Yeah it's only for sending data and not receiving it. :sweat:

1 Like

@Gaurang_Tandon Hi Gaurang,

I am sure you know about Baserow which is open source alternative of Airtable. I have set up few base in Baserow. I would like to get information from Baserow to Textblaze like we are doing in case of Airtable.

Can you please help me with formula of API Call? I tried but I don't think I could come closure to correct code. I have already generated API key. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

Sure, @Pratik_Shah . I will be happy to help.

Here is the link to the folder in which I have added one snippet to show two use cases: get field names of table and get any one record from the table, in a database in Baserow.

I have also linked to the API docs, building on which, you can implement other use cases. Of course, if you get stuck, feel free to reply and ask :slight_smile:

2 Likes