Copy of Snippet "Spanish 1 Welcome Letter"

Trouble with force formatting

{note}{formmenu: name=StudentGender; default=Señor; Señorita} {formtext: name=StudentName} Semester {formmenu: name=Semester;default =1; 2; full year}
{endnote}Welcome to Spanish 1{if: Semester=="full year"} Full Year{else} Semester {=Semester}{endif}{key: tab}{=StudentGender} {=StudentName},
Bienvenido al clase de español!{key: enter}Welcome to Spanish II class!
COURSE OVERVIEW:{key:enter}Spanish I is an entry level high school foreign language course that explores the Spanish language through communication, culture, connections, comparisons, and communities. Spanish I introduces students to the mechanics of the Spanish language, acquaints them with the cultural differences of Hispanic countries, and helps them gain a keen awareness of their own culture.
Course materials are designed to support students as they work to gain a basic proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, and writing Spanish, and in cultural competency. In addition to the default course program, Spanish I includes extra alternate lessons, projects, and tests for use in enhancing instruction or addressing individual needs.
Unit Synopsis{key:enter}

• Unit 1: Students will practice language patterns when they use words and phrases in Spanish. They will also review vocabulary words and parts of grammar.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 2: Students will study parts of grammar, and practice pronunciation. They will also learn how to tell time, say numbers, and say dates in Spanish.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 3: Students will learn more grammar including how to conjugate verbs, history and cultural traditions of Mexico, and vocabulary words associated with the beach.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 4: Students will discover Argentina through its geography, culture, and activities. They will also learn verbs and adjectives associated with Argentina, and how to form questions.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 5: Students will explore the geography and culture of Honduras while continuing to learn parts of speech and basic weather terms in Spanish.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 7: Students will learn about all aspects of Puerto Rico while also learning how to respond to questions, different parts of speech, and vocabulary words.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 8: Students will examine the history and culture of Spain while learning different parts of speech that relates to aspects of this country.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 9: Students will study the history and culture of Cuba. They will also learn how say and use different parts of the body and clothes.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 10: Students will explore aspects of the Dominican Republic while continuing to learn parts of speech. They will also study vocabulary associated with shopping.{key:enter}{key:enter}
  • Unit 11: Students will examine the history, culture, and activities of Panama. They will also learn phrases and vocabulary associated with transportation while still focusing on parts of speech.
Things you should know{key:enter}Punctuation and spelling are very important in any language class. So is pronunciation. Periodically, I will be calling you to review some of the lessons verbally to see how you are doing with pronunciation. So, you should be practicing reading your lessons out loud. If you know anyone who speaks Spanish, ask them to speak to you in Spanish every day and to give you new words.  
Have a learning mindset{key:enter}Go back to when you were a child. Children always want to know what is that? What color is that? Is that a dog or a cat? Do the same thing with anyone you know that speaks Spanish. How do you say "car" in Spanish? How do you say, "I am hungry!" in Spanish? Even better, you should know how to ask, "How do you say...?" in Spanish. So, here it is:
¿Cómo se dice "English word" en español?
for example:
¿Cómo se dice "car" en español?
Notice the punctuation. Punctuation in español (in Spanish) is very important (muy importante). Notice how in English I capitalize the name of the language but when I write the word in Spanish I do not capitalize the name of the language. Those are some of the differences in the punctuation rules and because the rules are different, it will be very important for you to observe all the rules of punctuation and spelling so that I know you are really getting the material.
Reach out if you get stuck with any lesson. I am here to support you in all things. Estoy para {if: StudentGender=="Señor"}apoyarle{else}apoyarla{endif} en todo aspecto.  
Mr. García{key:enter}Señor García