Note color customization

I am pretty quiet here as of late, but I still use Text Blaze a LOT in what I do.

I use notes in my snippets quite often. In fact, sometimes I will make a snippet just to be a note (Instructions for a workflow as an example).

It would be nice to be able to change the notes font color, instead of the wavy line underneath, to distinguish the note from the actionable part of the snippets. Sometimes the wavy line makes it a little difficult to read the note for me.

Hi @Santa_Laren,

You can format the contents of notes in the same way that you would format any other text in the snippet. That includes font size, color, style and highlighting.

Have you tried that by any chance?

1 Like

Hi Cedric! Sorry I have been both busy and very sick as well. Thank you for your reply! I really hadn't worked with changing the font color or size, etc. That's a great suggestion. I do think that being able to toggle off the wavy lines in notes might be a good thing, however I understand that it's not probably a big priortity. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You're welcome @Santa_Laren

Hope you're in good health now!

I'm adding my 2 cents in this post because it has to do with the UI for notes. Rather than use the gray squiggly underline for all the text to signify a note, which is quite horrid to look at, how about enclosing the note in border? Additionally, I'd like to see a little vertical white space so that form fields aren't touching.

6 Likes

Hi @Bob_Charpentier - thanks for the suggestions. Our programmers are always monitoring the forum for feedback and suggestions, so I'm sure they've already made a note of this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Chiming in to agree that I find the gray squiggly line unpleasant to look at and that it makes the text harder to read -- both seem to defeat the purpose of adding a note that is meant to be read easily because it contains important info! I would love if the note was differentiated in another way instead, or if users could customize/remove the wavy line.

2 Likes

1000% agree with you, @megan.gendell. This same feedback comes my way very often from my team of 60 users. Really hoping for a facelift to this feature sooner than later!

2 Likes

Also voted up as notes are really useful, but the wavy line makes it harder to read.

4 Likes

totally, please allow the wiggly lines to be toggled off

1 Like

Curious - is a solution for this something that has legs?

Check out this snippet I just made for 70 users on my teams. Great example of how the gray squiggly lines really clog up the form.

{note: trim=left; insert=no; preview=yes}
Let's Create An FA To Package Task.

Select an AcYr: {formmenu: default=; 1st; 2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th; 6th; 7th; 8th; 9th; name=acyr}{if: acyr<>""}

Select Grade Level: {formmenu: default=; Freshman; Sophomore; Junior; Senior; Graduate; name=grade_level}{endif}{if: grade_level<>""}

Select SAP Status: {formmenu: default=; SAP Met; SNM1; SNM2; RFD; SAP Appeal Approved; name=sap_status}{endif}{if: sap_status<>""}

Pursuing Federal Work Study? {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=pursuing_fws}{endif}{if: pursuing_fws<>""}

Are you requesting only 1 fund source or multiple fund sources? {formmenu: default=; One Fund Source; Multiple Fund Sources; name=fund_source}
{if: fund_source="One Fund Source"}
Fund Source: {formmenu: default=; Private loan; Parent PLUS loan; Grad PLUS loan; Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford loan; Increased Unsubsidized Stafford loan; Pell Grant; Bright Futures; FS Scholarship; Other; name=fund_source_options; cols=30; multiple=no}
Tip! For the below dollar amount fields, input without " $ " or " , " characters. ex. "2500.00"{endif}{if: fund_source="Multiple Fund Sources"}
Fund Sources (Select all that apply): {formmenu: default=; Private loan; Parent PLUS loan; Grad PLUS loan; Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford loan; Increased Unsubsidized Stafford loan; Pell Grant; Bright Futures; FS Scholarship; Other; name=fund_source_options; cols=30; multiple=yes}
Tip! For the below dollar amount fields, input without " $ " or " , " characters. ex. "2500.00"{endif}
{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Private loan")}
• Which Private Loan? {formmenu: default=; Sallie Mae; College Ave; Other; name=private_loan_options}{endif}{if: private_loan_options="Other"}
• What is the other Private Loan? {formtext: name=private_loan_other}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Private loan")}
• Private loan Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_private_loan}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Parent PLUS loan")}
• Parent Plus loan Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_parent_plus_loan}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Grad PLUS loan")}
• Grad Plus Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_grad_plus_loan}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford loan")}
• Sub/Unsub Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_sub_unsub_loan}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Increased Unsubsidized Stafford loan")}
• Increased Sub/Unsub Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_increase_unsub_loan}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Pell Grant")}
• Pell Gran Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_pell_grant}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Bright Futures")}
• Bright Futures Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_bright_futures}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"FS Scholarship")}
• Which FS Scholarship? {formmenu: default=; Pathway; Momentum; Other; name=fund_source_fs_scholarship}{endif}{if: fund_source_fs_scholarship="Other"}
• What is the other FS Scholarship? {formtext: name=fs_scholarship_other}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"FS Scholarship")}
• FS Scholarship Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_fs_scholarship}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Other")}
• What is the other Fund Source? {formtext: name=fund_source_other}{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Other")}
• Other Source Gross Amount: {formtext: name=ga_other}{endif}
{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Parent PLUS loan") OR contains(fund_source_options,"Increased Unsubsidized Stafford loan")}
Status of the Plus loan: {formmenu: default=; Approved; Denied; Endorsed; name=plus_loan_status}{if: plus_loan_status="Denied"} Plus Loan Denial date: {formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=plus_denial_date; default=}{endif}

Parent Name: {formtext: name=parent_name; cols=30}

Is Borrower a Biological/Adoptive parent OR Stepparent on ISIR? {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; name=borrower_parent_yn}{if: borrower_parent_yn="No"}{error: Stop! Parent Plus cannot be packaged.; block=no}{endif}

Is Title IV signed by this parent? {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; N/A; name=title_iv_signed}{if: title_iv_signed="No"}{error: Stop! Plus loan cannot be packaged without a completed Parent TIV.}{endif}

Are MPN, SP, and CS (if applicable) in COD? {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; N/A; name=cod_docs}{if: cod_docs="No"}{error: Stop! Plus loan cannot be packaged without a required docs.}{endif}

PLUS expiration date: {formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=plus_expiration_date; default=}

Default Overpay Code: {formmenu: default=; N; Y; E; name=default_overpay_code_1} {if: default_overpay_code_1="N"}{error: Stop! Do NOT Send.}{endif}{if: default_overpay_code_1="E"}{error: Stop! Check NSLDS.}{endif}
{endif}{if: contains(fund_source_options,"Grad PLUS loan")}
Status of the Grad Plus loan: {formmenu: default=; Approved; Endorsed; name=grad_plus_status}

Are MPN, SP, and CS (if applicable) in COD: {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; N/A; name=grad_plus_cod_docs} {if: grad_plus_cod_docs="No"}{error: Stop! Grad Plus loan cannot be packaged without a required docs.}{endif}

Grad PLUS expiration date: {formdate: MM/DD/YYYY; name=grad_plus_expiration_date; default=}

Default Overpay Code: {formmenu: default=; N; Y; E; name=default_overpay_code_2} {if: default_overpay_code_2="N"}{error: Stop! Do NOT Send.}{endif}{if: default_overpay_code_2="E"}{error: Stop! Check NSLDS.}{endif}{endif}{if: fund_source<>""}
Tuition GAP Due: {formtext: name=tuition_gap} {if: {=tuition_gap}<>""}{=tuition_gap; format=$,.2f}{endif}

LE (total amount for AcYr): {formtext: name=le} {if: le<>""}{=le; format=$,.2f}{endif}

Within $2,500 of COA if participating in FWS? {formmenu: default=; Yes; No; N/A; name=coa}

Any Additional Comments?
{formparagraph: name=additional_comments; cols=50; rows=4}{endif}{endif}
{endnote}

1 Like

Nice snippet Brad! I really do wish we had options to turn the squiggly line off!

Thanks Laren! Good to hear from you - hope all is well on your end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm here! I've just been very busy and unable to do as much as I want here!
I have been criss-crossing the country in a truck with a travel trailer and Starlink. I'm home now but am definitely not done with the traveling. I go to Vegas end of September and straight to Cody, Wy to drive back to AZ. Then it's Santa gigs including flying to Denver for one in Aurora. It's been crazy! I work my DoorDash job all of the rest of the time! I just don't have the time that I want to get into making my snippets that I should have right now! Did you get any effects of the hurricane?

WOAH! Covering some ground I'd say! Love to hear you are using Starlink. I am a 1000% SpaceX junkie. How is the service,up time, etc.? Cool you are headed to Aurora, CO! I used to live there a long time ago. Was the GM of a music instrument & equipment store called MARS MUSIC. #anotherlife.
The hurricane skated by us fortunately. Just a lot of rain. Finally we didn't lose power! In Central Florida, a bee can fly by your house and the power goes out; so this was a big deal!

I'm sorry that I didn't reply sooner Brad! Starlink had some issues with going into searching for satellite mode at times. However, when it worked it was awesome! I was able to work while my wife was driving and when we were stopped at stunning sites.

This is probably a good convo for another place! LOL I'm glad that you hadn't been affected by the hurricanes!

1 Like

Hey! Have you tried using this formatting option? Hides most of the "notewaves" below the text

2 Likes

Great idea @benjamin.tolfsen! I took it for a spin. Only bummer is the subscript messes with the formatting, and the squiggle lines are still present in spaces.

1 Like

Commenting here in hopes of revitalizing this feature idea / request. Loving all the recent enhancements that have been rolled out! At the same time, hoping these older ideas can grow legs again.

In addition to disabling the wavy line, it would be wonderful to have the option to turn off the yellow highlighting of note and/or form field content.

Thank you!

2 Likes