How do I update my email address?

Hi! I am an educator whose institution is moving to a building specific email. How can I update my Text Blaze email to my new address. Currently I don't see an option to edit my email, just my user and full name.

Thanks in advance!
-Katie

Updating your email depends on what type of account you have.

Email & Password Accounts

Email and password account users can update their emails by going to the the user account Tab. To do that:

1. Click the Account icon in the upper right corder of the dashboard.
  2. Click the "Account" tab.
  3. Click the change email button (if you do not see this button, you have a Google Login and should follow the instructions below)

After changing your email, you will need to revalidate the email by responding the message sent to you.

Google Logins

Users using Google logins must first convert their accounts to an email & password account. They can do that by:

1. Signing out of Text Blaze (go to the account tab as described above and click the Sign out button)
  2. Selecting the "Forgot Password" button on the log in screen
  3. Creating a password when a password reset email is sent to you.
  4. You can then change your email as described in the section above. (Note: do not login again with the "Login with Google" button until you have changed the email. If you do, you will need to repeat steps 1-3 here again.)

If the new email is also a Google email, you can then log in with the Google login after the email has been changed changed.

Note: Shared folders are shared via email. If you use Text Blaze as part of a team and change your email, you may need to have any shared folders re-shared with you. Additionally, members of Text blaze Business organizations cannot change their emails while they are a member of the organization.